1/2 Oz Gold Krugerrand from South Africa, 22k
|Quantity||Premium/Unit||Total Price Each|
|1 - 19||$216.66||$1,158.66|
|20 - 40||$197.82||$1,139.82|
|41+||Call for discount|
Sell to Us Price: $932.58 each
Buy 1/2 oz Gold Krugerrand - The Iconic South African Coin
The gold South African Krugerrand was first conceptualized in 1967 as a legal tender bullion coin marked only with its weight in gold. The coin was created as a means for the private ownership of South African gold bullion by the general public. The one-half-ounce Krugrerrand was introduced a few years later.
COMPOSITION AND DESIGN
Krugerrands gold coins are designed to be durable. The gold is alloyed with copper to add hardness - the gold purity is 22k or 91.67%. However, each coin is marked with its net gold weight of 1/2 troy oz. The gross weight of the coin, including the copper, is approximately 0.54 troy oz.
This South African coin's coloration is a slightly darker shade than pure gold coins or coins, such as the American Eagle, which are alloyed with silver. Each half-ounce coin weighs 16.97 grams (consisting of 15.55 grams of pure gold and 1.23 grams of copper). The South African Krugerrand coin value is determined by its gold content plus a premium that is dictated by market conditions. (1/2 oz krugerrand)
The coin's name is a combination derived from the last name of South Africa's first Boer president, Paul Kruger, and the name of the South African currency, the rand.
Paul Kruger (obverse) - The coin features Paul Kruger, the first President of the Republic of South Africa from 1883-1900, on the obverse of the coin.
The springbok, an African antelope species and a famous national symbol of the South African Republic is on the reverse. The words "South Africa" and "fine gold" are displayed in both English and Afrikaans. (1/2 oz Krugerrand)
Investors looking to buy or sell the Krugerrand online or over the phone should call Money Metals Exchange directly at 1-800-800-1865 to inquire about Krugerrand Gold coins pricing and availability and/or to place an order. You can also check out other popular gold bullion coins, like the popular American Eagle. The American Eagle comes in various sizes, the 1 oz gold Eagle being the most popular, so you will be able to find the right one to add to your stack. (1/2 oz krugerrand)
|Mint Facility:||South African Mint|
|Date:||1967 to Present|
|Quality / Type:||Bullion, Uncirculated|
|Purity:||91.70% gold (22 karat), 8.33% copper|
|Gold Weight:||1/2 troy ounce (15.55 grams)|
We are buying this item back daily, and we pay you promptly!
Our current buy pricing is $932.58 each and we will buy up to 50 ounces at this price. Simply call us on any weekday to lock pricing at 1-800-800-1865.
Learn more about the process for selling to us here.
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.
|Up to $198.99||$7.97|