10 Peso Gold Coins from Mexico
The 10 peso gold coin from Mexico was issued intermittently from 1905 to 1920. The coin was then reissued in large quantity in 1959. It is traded by gold investors worldwide - it is popular because it is one of the most affordable ways to buy a "fractional" gold. Each coin contains .2411 troy ozs of gold content - nearly 1/4 oz - but is priced well below the 1/4 oz American Eagle.
This coin is slightly larger than a nickel.
The coin's obverse features a profile image of Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla, hero of the Mexican war for independence. The reverse depicts a golden eagle with wings spread and standing atop a cactus. A snake is held in its beak. The design commemorates the founding of Mexico City. The story holds that the Aztec god of war and the sun instructed the Mexica tribe to build their city located where they found an Eagle devouring a serpent.
The 10 peso gold coin is both beautiful in its design and low cost. It will make a great addition to any investor's gold holding.
- Each coin contains .2411 troy ounces of gold content in an alloy of 90% gold, 10% copper.
- Legal tender at 10 Mexican Pesos
- Issued and backed by Mexico's federal government
Dates shipped will be random, based upon availability.
Mexican Gold Pesos offer ways to effectively add to your Gold holdings with a single purchase. Enhance your investment portfolio by adding this Mexican Gold 20 Pesos to your cart today!
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
||10 Mexican Pesos
|Quality / Type:
||90% gold, 10% copper
||.2411 troy ozs
||Profile Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla
||Eagle with Serpent
We are not currently buying back this item online, please call 1-800-800-1865.
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been
cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue
as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a
value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video
surveillance, weighed and double checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly
what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will packaged securely and
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your
shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – All shipments must be signed for so you can rest
assured that your shipment will not be left on the doorstep or in your mailbox.
Cost to Ship & Insure
(absent periodic special offers for free or discounted shipping)
$500.00 - $999.99