War Nickels - 35% Silver (1.125 Oz of Silver for Every $1 Face Value)
Sold by dollars face value in $5 increments
There are 1.125 ounces of silver for each $1 face value (20 coins)
|Quantity||Premium/Oz||Total Price Each|
|$ 5 Face||$5.99||$164.30|
|$ 50 Face||$5.49||$1,615.00|
|$ 250 Face||$4.99||$7,935.00|
|$ 500 Face +||Call for discount|
|(1.1250 oz of silver content for every face value dollar)|
Silver War Nickels Now Available from Money Metals Exchange!
Supplies of nickel - a strategic metal (silver nickels) - grew short during wartime of World War II. The metal was crucial for the manufacture of certain weapons and military equipment, and the shortage prompted changes in US coinage for bullion coins. Beginning in the middle of 1942 and through the end of the Great War, these 5-cent unique silver Wartime Nickels are coins struck in an alloy of 35% silver, 56% copper, and 9% manganese. The Jefferson Nickel actually had zero nickel content.
Today, these silver Jefferson Nickel coins are a great way to buy silver for those investing or coin collecting. They offer a combination of historical interest and very low premiums. Many investors are looking for metal with higher purity. For those who care less about purity and focus only on the cost per ounce of the silver they buy, these silver war nickels are hard to beat. The buy price of these nickels (silver nickels) is determined based only on the actual silver content. The copper and manganese content is excluded in the price calculation - buyers essentially get those metals as a bonus. Check out all our coins for sale!
Every dollar face value (20 coins) contains 1.125 troy ounces of silver.
|Mint Facility:||US Mint|
|Denomination:||5 cents US|
|Date:||1942 - 1945|
|Quality / Type:||Circulated|
|Purity:||35% silver, 56% copper, 9% manganese|
|Metal Weight:||1.125 troy ozs silver per dollar face value (.0563 troy ozs per coin)|
We are currently unable to purchase this item online. Please call us at 1-800-800-1865 during normal business hours. A Specialist will assist you if we are currently able to purchase the item.
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.
|Up to $198.99||$7.97|
Please Sign In or Register to leave a review
Marcus G.November 9th, 2023Love collecting junk silverThey came very quickly and loved the quality they accidentally sent me a 1954 nickel I messaged them and they promptly replied and they said they was sorry and are shipping me out a replacement thanks and I'm a customer for life
Michael W.July 12th, 2023War NickelsI Love them. A time period that this Country Stepped Up for real War!!!
Geoffrey S.March 13th, 2022Great varietyI needed 2 more of a particular date for my collection and received them this time! the rest will be for stacking. Very happy with the product and MMX!
Lukas B.March 12th, 2020Great dealJust as described. Cheap good silver
Gerald D.February 13th, 2020Really Satisfied BuyerI purchased a $200 face value lot and a good portion were as expected circulated and there were some that were in excellent shape like almost uncirculated shape. I love that this is small denomination barter-able silver plus the added numismatic value once sold individually. I got it for 5 cents per ounce under spot plus free shipping. I definitely scored great with this lot. Thanks MMX for the great deal and excellent customer service! I definitely will buy from you again.