America the Beautiful 5 Ounce Silver - Ellis Island
This item is currently out of stock
Enter your email address to receive an alert when this product is available...
|Quantity||Premium/Oz||Total Price Each|
|1 - 19||$44.99||$341.05|
|20+||Call for our best pricing! 1-800-800-1865|
|Full Tube Qty = 10|
Sell to Us Price: $146.10 each
America The Beautiful Silver Coin (ATB Coin) - Ellis Island
The U.S. Mint released the stunning Ellis Island coin design as the 39th in the America the Beautiful series of coins. This coin is the 4th of the series to be released in 2017. It depicts an immigrant family as their boat approaches Ellis Island, with the child standing in front of his parents and holding a small American flag. In the background stands the island's iconic hospital building. The design was chosen after consultation with representatives from the Statue of Liberty National Monument which includes Ellis Island.
Ellis Island served as an entry point for immigrants -- primarily for people traveling to the U.S. by ship. Many were from Europe. Between 1892 and 1954 Ellis Island was the busiest entry station in the country. Approximately 12 million people flowed through there over the decades. The process required 3-7 hours on average for individuals. The island was nicknamed "The Island of Hope" by people seeking a better life in America.
Ellis Island became part of the Statue of Liberty National Monument in 1965 and is administered by the National Park Service.
The silver commemorative coin's reverse is stamped with "New Jersey" - the state which governs the portion of the island depicted on the coin -- and "E Pluribus Unum". The obverse carries the iconic coin image of George Washington, the coin's denomination as a"Quarter Dollar", the words "Liberty," and "In God We Trust," and "The United States of America."
Each commemorative coin contains 5 troy ounces of .999 pure silver and is 3" in diameter. The weight and purity are stamped on the coin edge, which is smooth rather than reeded.
America the Beautiful - Ellis Island coins are produced by the U.S. Mint and are official, legal tender. Of course, the "Quarter Dollar" face value is a far cry from the coin's worth as 5 ounces of silver so the bullion coins are not intended to be spent as legal tender.
The Ellis Island coins are the 39th quarters released in a series planned to include 56 coins in total. The series was launched in 2010. Five new designs are released each year. Each features a National Park, National Monument, or other prominent historical site.
The Ellis Island quarter, with its enormous size, is sure to be an interesting addition to your holding. Even better, you can add some of these beauties to your holding without paying the enormous premium often associated with other specialty coins of limited mintage. Get your Ellis Island Coin today!
|Mint Facility:||US Mint|
|Quality / Type:||Bullion, Uncirculated|
|Metal Weight:||5 troy ounces|
|Edge:||Non-Reeded. Marked with the coins silver weight and purity.|
|Reverse:||Immigrants Arriving at Ellis Island|
We are buying this item back daily, and we pay you promptly!
Our current buy pricing is $146.10 each and we will buy up to 100 ounces at this price. Simply call us on any weekday to lock pricing at 1-800-800-1865.
Learn more about the process for selling to us here.
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.
|Up to $198.99||$7.97|