America the Beautiful - Apostle Islands National Lakeshore 5 Ounce .999 Silver
This item is currently out of stock
Enter your email address to receive an alert when this product is available...
|Quantity||Premium/Oz||Total Price Each|
|1 - 9||$37.99||$305.95|
|10+||Call for discount|
|Full Tube Qty = 10|
Sell to Us Price: $146.00 each
America The Beautiful Silver Coin (5 Oz ATB Silver Coins) - Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
The Apostle Islands National Lakeshore is located on the northern tip of Wisconsin, near the town of Bayfield. The 21 protected islands are scattered along the coast of Lake Superior which is considered the "largest, cleanest, and coldest" of the great lakes. Visitors will find a variety of spectacular natural features including sandy beaches, cliffs, sandstone caves, and the Lake itself.
Ancient glaciers carved the Great Lakes and the islands millennia ago. It is thought that Native Americans first inhabited the islands nearly a century ago. Not long after, they were charted by the French explorer, Étienne Brûlé who was looking for a ship route to the East Indies. It was the fur trade that helped establish towns and commerce.
Congress declared the Apostle Islands as a National Lakeshore in 1970, joining other National Historical Parks. Today this national park treasure is commemorated in mint silver commemorative coins. The US Mint released the Apostle Islands quarter as the 42nd in its 5 oz America the Beautiful silver bullion coin series of pure silver coins. This National Park quarters series has been popular with investors for three reasons.
- The bullion coins are big and the artwork is beautiful making them an interesting addition to any silver holding.
- The coins are affordable with premiums similar to the American Silver Eagle coin, despite lots of demand from coin collectors.
- Each coin carries its own unique story.
The Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Quarters (Apostle Island coin) reverse features a man kayaking the waters of Lake Superior with sandstone cliffs rising out of the waters to his left. Trees dot the cliff tops. Inscribed on the reverse are the words, "Apostle Islands," "Wisconsin," "2018," and, "E Pluribus Unum."
The obverse carries the familiar coin portrait of George Washington - the portrait featured on current Washington quarters. The inscriptions on this side include "The United States of America," "Liberty," "In God We Trust," and, "Quarter Dollar."
The coins are packaged by the United States Mint in tubes of 10 coins. A full Mint box contains 10 tubes for a total of 500 ounces. The weight and purity of the coin are inscribed on the coin's rim and are guaranteed by the US government.
It is always a great idea to invest in physical silver bullion, especially US silver coins. The 2018 Apostle Islands Quarter value is unique and a great addition to any Apostle Island coin collection! Why not get some beauty, history, and something to start conversations with to go along with your ounces? Each new silver bullion coin released in America the Beautiful Quarters tends to go quickly. Many of the coins now command significant premiums in the secondary market. Don't delay - get your Apostle Island coin while they are available.
|Mint Facility:||US Mint|
|Quality / Type:||Bullion, Uncirculated|
|Metal Weight:||5 troy ounces|
|Edge:||Non-Reeded. Marked with the coins silver weight and purity.|
|Reverse:||Apostle Island Shoreline with Cliffs|
We are buying this item back daily, and we pay you promptly!
Our current buy pricing is $146.00 each and we will buy up to 100 ounces at this price. Simply call us on any weekday to lock pricing at 1-800-800-1865.
Learn more about the process for selling to us here.
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.
|Up to $198.99||$7.97|
Please Sign In or Register to leave a review
Edward H.July 21st, 2020Nice 5 ounce roundie.Beautiful coin. i like 5 oz. round coins. I just wish Money Metals would send these 5 oz. coins in a coin case, or at least offer the option of purchasing a coin case.
MICHAEL T.June 15th, 2020BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION COINApostle Islands is one of my top favorite collection coin of ATB. Very beautiful site of nature consisting of river site and rocky arch. Seems realistic. I wish it is more ultra high relief but not bad. It is a huge coin. Will be worth lots of money for years to come.