Kookaburra - Perth Mint 1 Oz Pure Silver (Random Date)
|Quantity||Premium/Unit||Total Price Each|
|1 - 39||$10.49||$33.72|
|40 - 300||$9.99||$33.22|
|301+||Call for discount|
|Full Tube Qty = 20|
Sell to Us Price: $24.48 each
Order The Beautiful Silver Kookaburra - From Australia's Perth Mint
The first silver Kookaburra was struck at Australia's Perth Mint in 1990. The coins were made using .999 fine silver until 2018 when the purity increased to .9999. The coin's obverse always depicts Queen Elizabeth II. However, the reverse side is updated annually. It features Australia's native and much-beloved kookaburra, a bird with a distinctive "laughing" type of call. The call is often used as a sound effect in movie jungle scenes.
The Kookaburra is popular with collectors because the design is updated each year. Every release features one or more Kookaburras in the bird's natural habitat.
Like most Perth Mint coins, the Kookaburra is individually sealed in a clear, hard plastic capsule at the Mint. 20 coins are shrink-wrapped in a roll, with 5 rolls going into each box of 100.
Special editions such as proof, high relief, privy marked, colored, and gilded are sometimes issued. In 2015 a special 25th-anniversary edition of the coin featured the same image of the kookaburra as on the original 1990 coin. To differentiate the 1990 and 2015 coins the date on the reverse reads 1990-2015 and 2015 has been added to the obverse.
The maximum mintage of the one troy-ounce coin has always been capped. The limit was initially set at 300,000 coins and later rose to 500,000 coins in 2011. Until 2008 the mintage cap was never reached. Actual production ranged from about 87000 coins up to 213,000. The financial crisis of 2008 jumpstarted demand for silver coins and production has consistently met the cap thereafter, except in 2017 and 2018.
The Kookaburra Features:
- 1 troy oz of fine Silver
- Different designs each year
- Coins individually sealed in air-tight capsules
- Multiples of 20 come in sealed rolls, and multiples of 100 come in cardboard boxes with sealed rolls inside
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government
Get yours today!
|Mint Facility:||Perth Mint|
|Date:||1990 - Present|
|Quality / Type:||Bullion, Uncirculated|
|Purity:||.999 or .9999|
|Metal Weight:||1 Troy Oz|
|Obverse:||Queen Elizabeth II|
We are buying this item back daily, and we pay you promptly!
Our current buy pricing is $24.48 each and we will buy up to 500 ounces at this price. Simply call us on any weekday to lock pricing at 1-800-800-1865.
Learn more about the process for selling to us here.
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.
|Up to $198.99||$7.97|
Please Sign In or Register to leave a review
Cassandra D.March 2nd, 2023Packed With LoveSo lovingly packed!! I love the Kookaburra Coins I ordered through Money Metals. When I received them, what came to mind was how lovingly packed they were. I placed an order with another precious metal company. I ordered 100 coins (5 tubes of 20). The tubes were smashed and the coins thrown all over the box. The coins were all scratched up. The order was poorly packed and the best this OTHER company could offer was $100 off a future order. I felt so cheated! But with Money Metals, I have always been so impressed with the professionalism and again how much care and love they put into every shipment. I love Money Metals. They are the company I will always go to!!
Mauricio S.October 21st, 2022B-E-A-UTIFUL!Gorgeous piece! It's right up there with the silver pandas and silver eagles!!
Deborah F.March 18th, 2022Stunning Coin!The picture does not do this coin justice, it is absolutely beautiful. And Money Metals always gives top notch service.
Michael J.January 30th, 2022Oy, buy Perth Mint with Crypto (Dash)I bought 5 Kopobaurras with Dash, the Perth Mint really outdoes themselves with these issues, I also just grabbed 3 Perth Koalas when they became available, don't sit on these offers, they don't last long.
Jim B.November 5th, 2021Love itAbsolutely stunning! Perth mint is one of my favorite mints ! Money Metals is TOP NOTCH!