Mexican 2.5 Peso, .0603 Ounces Gold Content
|Quantity||Premium/Unit||Total Price Each|
|1 - 19||$56.70||$170.10|
|20+||Call for discount|
Sell to Us Price: $114.53 each
2-1/2 Peso Coins from Mexico
Mexico's sovereign mint has issued the peso coin in 5 denominations; 2, 2.5, 5, 10, 20, and 50. Issuance of the 2.5 peso coin began in 1918 and continued for just 3 years. It was restarted in 1944 and continued intermittently through that decade. Then in 1951, the Mexican Mint began issuing restrike coins with a 1945 date. In total more than 5 million of the Restrike 1945 coins were issued until 1972 when production of the coin stopped.
The 2.5 peso coin has a gross weight of 2.0833 grams with a gold purity of 90%. The actual gold weight is 0.0603 troy ounces.
The obverse of the coin features the bust of Miguel Hidalgo, a leader in the movement for Mexico's independence. He lived from 1763 to 1811 and lead an army of 90,000 poor farmers and other civilians against the Spanish army. He was betrayed, captured, and executed. However, his movement carried on to eventual victory. Hidalgo's image also struck on other denominations of the peso coin. The denomination - "Dos y Medio Pesos" is displayed along with the coin's date.
The reverse depicts an eagle perched upon a cactus with a snake captured in its beak. The text ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS is printed in a semi-circle above the image.
The reverse of the 2.5 Mexican Peso gold coins features the well-known portrait of Don Miguel Hidalgo. He is engraved in a simple, left-facing bust. Hidalgo is a legendary figure in Mexican history. The DOS Y MEDIO PESOS coin with his likeness will make a worthy and interesting addition to your gold holding - and you can do it without paying a high premium.
2.5 peso gold coins are among the lowest premium options for investing in fractional gold. The cost is considerably less than other coins of a similar size.
|Mint Facility:||Mexican Mint|
|Denomination:||2.5 Mexican Pesos|
|Quality / Type:||Lightly Circulated|
|Purity:||90% gold, 10% copper|
|Metal Weight:||.0603 troy ozs|
|Obverse:||Profile Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla|
|Reverse:||Eagle with Serpent|
We are buying this item back daily, and we pay you promptly!
Our current buy pricing is $114.53 each and we will buy up to 40 ounces at this price. Simply call us on any weekday to lock pricing at 1-800-800-1865.
Learn more about the process for selling to us here.
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.
|Up to $198.99||$7.97|
Please Sign In or Register to leave a review
William R.July 13th, 2020Fast shipping/Fair priceNice little coin. Money Metals always has the fastest shipping. Wish it was in a hard plastic holder, but otherwise good purchase.
Michael B.July 4th, 2020Beautiful fractional at a low premiumReceived a 1945 minted coin in AU condition. I'm very pleased with it and will be buying more.
Samuel R.July 16th, 2018Cheap at the PriceVery nice condition and superior premium for fractional gold. Highly satisfied.