Mexican 5 Peso, .1206 Ounces Gold Content
|Quantity||Premium/Unit||Total Price Each|
|1 - 19||$71.20||$316.72|
|20+||Call for discount|
Sell to Us Price: $233.25 each
5 Peso Coins from Mexico
Mexico's sovereign mint has issued the peso coin in 5 denominations; 2, 2.5, 5, 10, 20, and 50. Issuance of the 5 peso coin began in 1905 and continued intermittently through 1920. The Mexican Mint resumed minting the coin in 1955 and continued minting coins with that date until 1972. 89,000 coins were restruck between 2000 - 2009, again with a 1955 date. The large majority of coins in this denomination carry this date, even though the actual production date varied.
The 5 peso coin has a gross weight of 4.1666 grams with a gold purity of 90%. The actual gold weight is 0.1206 troy ounces.
The obverse of the coin features the bust of Miguel Hidalgo, a leader in the movement for Mexico's independence. He lived from 1763 to 1811 and lead an army of 90,000 poor farmers and other civilians against the Spanish army. He was betrayed, captured, and executed. However, his movement carried on to eventual victory. Hidalgo's image also struck on other denominations of the peso coin. The denomination - "Cinco Pesos" is displayed along with the coin's date.
The reverse depicts an eagle perched upon a cactus with a snake captured in its beak. The text ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS is printed in a semi-circle above the image.
The reverse of the 5 Mexican Peso gold coins features the well-known portrait of Don Miguel Hidalgo. He is engraved in a simple, left-facing bust. Hidalgo is a legendary figure in Mexican history. The CINCO PESOS coin with his likeness will make a worthy and interesting addition to your gold holding - and you can do it without paying a high premium.
5 peso gold coins are among the lowest premium options for investing in fractional gold. The cost is considerably less than other coins of a similar size.
|Mint Facility:||Mexican Mint|
|Denomination:||5 Mexican Pesos|
|Quality / Type:||Lightly Circulated|
|Purity:||90% gold, 10% copper|
|Metal Weight:||.1206 troy ozs|
|Obverse:||Profile Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla|
|Reverse:||Eagle with Serpent|
We are buying this item back daily, and we pay you promptly!
Our current buy pricing is $233.25 each and we will buy up to 20 ounces at this price. Simply call us on any weekday to lock pricing at 1-800-800-1865.
Learn more about the process for selling to us here.
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.
|Up to $198.99||$7.97|
Please Sign In or Register to leave a review
David K.June 17th, 2020Mexican GoldI have recently started to buy more fractional gold and MMX has a lot to offer. You can't go wrong with the Mexican 5 Peso gold coins. Great quality and price with the superior service from MMX.